BDO United Kingdom
As one of the largest international accountancy networks, the BDO brand and online presence are key in supporting its worldwide users.
Having had their website redesigned by Nomensa, Defacto was selected by BDO UK to host the new website, providing their in-house team with a platform to easily maintain and update web content, with the specific functionality they required. The ability to maintain the website easily and intuitively was an ‘essential’ checkpoint for BDO when selecting their chosen CMS.
Due to Defacto’s flexibility, we were able to create custom functionality specifically for BDO. This included:
- Custom content types of 'People' and 'Offices' were used to enable the Key Contacts functionality, allowing users to search in or filter down BDO's partner list.
- BDO publishes many publications, newsletters and brochures, so a Library was created to showcase these.
- The Business News is sourced from an external system, so a customised management screen was created so that BDO could update or remove items with ease.
- A custom taxonomy was created so that the various types of content could all be categorised in a consistent manner. For example, events can be filtered by this taxonomy, allowing users to focus on events that interest them.
- The BDO UK website also required social media functionality. A dynamic Twitter feed was integrated, showcasing BDO as one of the first accountancy firms in the sector to demonstrate a social media strategy.
With a large web team, Defacto’s workflow system ensures that senior team members can assign web editors with content tasks safe in the knowledge that they will be sent the content to review and approve before it will go live on the website.
Ongoing consultancy, technical support and functionality updates mean that BDO continue to collaborate with us past the point of website launch.